Supercomputer Use Guide
The supercomputer system Shirokane3 housed at the Human Genome Center (HGC) is the largest computer system in Japan in the field of genome research, and began operation in January 2015. We offer a large variety of choices for genome research, including Compute node Thin, Compute node Fat, Home disk, and Archive disk connected to external users via a high-speed network.
The HGC does not in any way restrict usage of the supercomputer to academic institutions; we also welcome those in the commercial/private sector.
The HGC system is open to registered persons engaged in genome research outside the HGC. For more information, see the application procedures for initial registration.
Note for Users
Notes on the usage of the HGC system
- Workshop Schedule...Information on workshops held at the Human Genome Center.
- Using the HGC e-mail system...How to configure e-mail clients.
- Using UNIX...How to login to the super computer system.
- Using the Databases...Information on useful databases within the super computer system.
- Using the Univa Grid Engine...Outline and user guide for the Univa Grid Engine.
- References regarding the uses of Super Computers...Resources concerning the various applications of super computers.